I thought I would start a periodical and I thought that the classic the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly format was perfect. It is a nice way for me to let loose my opinions on current stories in the NBA and allows me the freedom to pick certain stories to discuss. Feel free to give your own lists of the Good, Bad, and Ugly or comment on the topics I throw out there. I hope you enjoy the read.
1. Magic making history. The Magic become only the 6th team in NBA history to start the post season at 8-0. Against the Hawks they were amazing, crushing them by an average of 25 points per game and handed the Hawks their worst home loss in the playoffs ever in game three, winning by 30 points.
2. Pau Gasol best bigman in the playoffs? Sure most will point to Dwight Howard, but Gasol is averaging 20.2 points, 13.1 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.9 blocks, while shooting .564 from the floor. He is 3rd in NBA efficiency overall behind Dwyane Wade and LeBron James and is 11 spots ahead of Dwight Howard.
3. Richardson leads Sun's charge in playoffs. Jason Richardson is the unlikely leader of the Suns thus far in the playoffs. His stats are way up from the regular season. He is averaging 6.2 more points and 1.2 more rebounds per game in the playoffs compared to the regular season and is shooting .510, up from .474. He has been the x-factor.
1. Bulls drag feet looking for new head coach. This could be good or bad I guess, but as a Bulls fan I do not want to see a repeat of what happened last time the Bulls were in the market for a new head coach. They waited way to long and got stuck with a coach with zero experience.
2. Woodson's remarks stike me funny. After being swept by the Magic in an epic fashion, the Hawks' head coach told the media that the Hawks were close to making a legitimate run if they were to add 2 or 3 key players. Wow, I think just about every team could say the same thing right? Just add 2 or 3 good players and we are a contender, silly. My Bulls would be the favorite in the east if they could just simply add 2 or 3 key players. Start packing your things coach.
3. Dampier to have knee surgery. Well, I think it is safe to say that the once effective center Erick Dampier is about as good as done as a starter in the NBA. Infact, he will be lucky to see garbage minutes the rest of his career. Getting old sucks.
1. The human twig gets into a fight? Memphis Grizzlies center is said to have gotten into a scuffle with R&B singer TID at a nightclub in Tanzania. His agent is denying the story, but does Thabeet need any negative press after averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds this season?
2. Happy times off the court for Wade. Dwyane Wades wife is arrested and held on bond after she failed to show up to court. How stupid do you have to be not to show up to court when you are trying to "get paid" in a divorce case? Hey! Mrs. Wade why not give Mrs. X-Jordan or Mrs. X-Shaq a call. I am sure they can give you some advise.
3. Cavaliers lose game 5 at home. Not only do the Cavs lose this very important game AT HOME, but they get hammered and LeBron James looks foolish the entire game. Perhaps the worst loss in Cavs history.